For an organization's information technology, infrastructure management (IM) is the management of essential operation components, such as policies,
processes, equipment, data, human resources, and external contacts, for overall effectiveness.
CompanyNameShort offers a comprehensive and unified approach to IT infrastructure management.
These solutions can monitor and manage the availability and performance of your IT assets and services within traditional data centers as well as
newer public cloud environments. Your organization's overburdened IT operations teams can quickly and easily access the information they need to
improve service quality, predictability and efficiency with less effort and reduced costs.
Infrastructure Management from CompanyNameShort combines system, network, capacity, environmental and overall service operations management to help your organization:
- Adopt a more holistic, unified approach to managing IT operations from a services perspective to significantly improve customer experience
- Realize 25% or greater reduction in mean-time-to-repair (MTTR) and 20% or more reduction in network and system outages via a
unified platform, advanced root cause analysis, intelligent visual dashboards and guided workflows - capabilities that can
significantly speed and simplify problem triage and remediation.
- Optimize resource utilization and minimize unnecessary expenditures with a complete, end-to-end view of both current and future
capacity needs across both computing and physical data center infrastructure.
Functions and features that simply make sense - Your job is complex enough as it is. That's why CompanyNameShort technology is designed to make your work a bit easier with features such as:
- Linux® operating system - Hardened and proven for optimal performance and stability
- Configurable serial pin-out capabilities - No need for crossover serial adapters for Sun or Cisco®
Integrated Systems Management keeps you in command - Our technology provides BIOS-level, consoidated access to and control over
nearly every networked device in your local and remote offices. Management features include:
- Auto Discovery: Detect host name of connected targeted devices for easier configuration and management of console servers
- Data Logging: History of all local and remote messages sent out to the console port can be viewed or sent to syslog servers
- Integrated Power Management For viewing, configuring and managing power ports
Stay calm, even when things are off-line or crashed - Secure, out-of-band connectivity is at the ready and lets you get into and repair local and remote components, even when connections are lost or devices are down.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet Ports For redundant connectivity
- Two 32-bit Card Bus Slots For alternate connectivity options
- Optional Internal Modem For secure dial-up for out-of-band access
Be secure in knowing your networks are safe - With all your network’s moving parts, it's vital to maintain the strictest of access and security.
- Pre-Defined Access Levels - For every appliance and by individual user
- Authentication Capabilities - With failover options including RADIUS, LDAP, Active Directory, TACACS+, Kerberos and NIS protocols
- Data Buffering/Logging - Advanced auditing and tracking of management activity to help you stay compliant with government and state mandates such as Sarbanes-Oxley, GLBA and HIPAA.
Network Infrastructure Management Products
- Avocent Universal Management Gateway
The Avocent® Universal Management Gateway is the first data center appliance that enables true, real-time, integrated monitoring, access and control across IT and facilities systems in the data center.
- Avocent ACS 6000 Advanced Console Server
The ACS 6000 console servers are Avocent's next generation console manager. They provide secure, remote access to IT devices and UNIX / LINUX-based servers.
- Avocent ACS 5000 Advanced Console Server
The ACS 5000 meets the remote management needs of medium to large data centers. The series is available in 4, 8, 16, 32 and 48 ports with a single AC power supply.
- Avocent DSView Management Software
DSView management software delivers the complete data center control necessary for the 24/7 data center.